About the Team
As a Market Growth Lead, you will serve as the face of DoorDash, working with the local Strategy & Operations teams to improve the experience for our customers, merchants and dashers. You will be responsible for driving growth and managing operations in key neighborhoods in your city. You become an expert in all things DoorDash in your area, using performance data and your insights from the field to build and execute new processes. You will learn the needs of both merchants and customers, distilling their feedback on how we can improve our business. You will work cross-functionally on special projects aimed at improving our products, ensuring a great experience and local customer satisfaction. You will partner closely with the NY/ Boston Strategy & Operations team, and Market Growth Leads in other regions to build and execute strategies and processes to grow your area.
About the Role
Market Growth Leads are the heart and soul of DoorDash, operating at the lowest level of detail to help the company grow.
NOTE: This hyper-local role will spend ~3 days in the Boston market building relationships with merchants/customers, and ~2 days working from home. This person must be based out of Boston with the ability to travel within the city.
- Build and execute local strategy - Create and implement operational strategy to win with customers, merchants and dashers
- Curate and implement hyper local field activations
- Support merchants in resolving merchandising and tablet pain points on an adhoc basis
- Build relationships within your community through leveraging local knowledge, company data, and in person field visits
- Support cross functionally in providing local insights, and gathering crucial data required to launch new verticals and improve existing products
- Work with the regional strategy & operations team to build consensus and execute
- Be the expert on your city - sharing insights from data and your work in the field to improve our business
- Formally report results and findings on a weekly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Track OKRs and market performance in your area
- Achieve growth and profitability goals
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Build data analysis, learn to use SQL, and compile first-hand inputs from consumers/restaurants/dashers to understand the city’s strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas across different products.
- Engage – Implement scalable programs and best practices to provide an outstanding operation (i.e. make sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them).
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from merchandising, consumer growth and merchant operations. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
- Collaborate – Explore growth opportunities alongside our partners in Operations, Business Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to support strategic projects and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of the Boston market
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 0-1 years experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, or related fields
- You are fluent in English and 1 other language (Spanish or Portuguese preferred)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You are self-motivated and driven, and want to develop a career in strategy & operations
- You are adaptable and highly collaborative
- You excel in client facing conflict resolution tactics
- You have prior experience in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong computer proficiency including good knowledge of Microsoft/GSuite applications
- You have excellent project management and organizational skills, and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- You can own outcomes and positively improve our growth metrics
- You want to shape the direction of the company
- You make data driven decisions
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.