About the Team
Our Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re a group of seasoned business-forward lawyers, who work collaboratively, have a healthy sense of humor, are humble, and are kind to one another and our clients. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-forward product and marketing lawyer to support our rapidly growing business. In joining a lean team of product lawyers who counsel on our core products for consumers and merchants, you will have a wide range of responsibilities and will own projects that make an immediate impact. You’ll support our Marketing team by negotiating and drafting all of our marketing agreements and counseling on significant marketing initiatives. You’ll also be the lead product lawyer on a variety of products offered to consumers and merchants. In doing so, you’ll provide legal guidance domestically and internationally to help internal clients problem-solve at every turn. Your work will be fast paced, high impact, and a heck of a lot of fun!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of marketing agreements, including sponsorship, co-marketing, creative services, talent, production, licensing, and partnership agreements
- Provide legal advice relating to intellectual property, promotions, advertising regulations, consumer protection, privacy, endorsements and testimonials, and claim substantiation
- Advise on marketing initiatives, including sweepstakes, sponsorships, influencer programs, cause marketing campaigns, and whatever other new and exciting activations our Marketing team cooks up
- Review marketing collateral, including ads, scripts, press releases, and other public-facing content
- Draft terms & conditions for promotional offers
- Develop business-facing legal guidelines and policies relating to marketing
- Work with business partners to effectively manage legal risks related to product, engineering, and operational efforts for our consumer and merchant products, including on our growing ads and promotion business
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to ensure your business partners receive holistic and effective legal guidance across disciplines
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5-7+ years of experience practicing law at a top-tier firm, and/or advising marketing, product, and operations teams in-house.
- You have a JD and are admitted to any US state bar.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You are able to work autonomously, exercise sound judgment, and balance legal risks with business objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate.
- You have a philosophy that no task is too big or small and an interest in learning and growth.
- You are a big picture thinker and are able to effectively prioritize projects and workflow based on relative impact to the business.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have interests/passions outside of work that are important to you.
Nice to Haves
- Experience as an in-house lawyer, particularly in the tech industry, with exposure to e-commerce and/or the gig economy.
- Experience advising international clients on product launches and country launches and managing international outside counsel.
- Experience at a company in a major growth phase.
- Experience managing others.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.