About the Team
We are looking for a hands-on builder to help us scale and build DoorDash’s New Verticals & Drive business across Canada! With a particular focus on the Grocery business line, this is an exciting opportunity for you to create a new business while being part of a global company that’s changing how local economies grow. The New Verticals & Drive team is a lean team at DoorDash Canada, focussed on leveraging the DoorDash platform to create new ways for our customers to get what they want, when they want it.
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing experiments to drive growth, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x. Our best S&O Associates are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They're generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
You will report into the Dasher & Logistics Canada Lead. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- Drive. You’ll be in the driver’s seat helping to grow DoorDash’s business and will have the opportunity to learn by doing.
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re relentless and hungry to learn. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 2-3 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, or challenging environment.
You have experience in managing a P&L.
You have experience in high-growth, early-stage startup or as an entrepreneur
You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand marketplaces.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.