About the Team
The New Verticals team at DoorDash is looking for an Associate who will help drive our strategy and execution plan for catalog quality. Our Catalog & Selection team owns the development of our catalog platform which will power millions of SKUs on our DoorDash platform. You will be responsible for strategizing, planning and executing to ensure that all the products available in-store at merchants are available via DoorDash with the most comprehensive and accurate information.
About the Role
You will be partnering with teams across DoorDash and beyond to build a world-class catalog that works for all 3 sides of the marketplace (Merchants, Dashers and Customers). Your work will enable merchants to show detailed information on their assortment, customers to make informed buying decisions with rich merchandising, and Dashers to know exactly what to shop, and where. You will partner with product, engineering, merchant strategy & operations teams on the business plan, strategy, and execution. You'll need to get comfortable creating a strategic vision and thinking at the 30,000 foot level while also rolling up the sleeves and getting to the lowest level of detail. You will initially report into Senior Manager, New Business Verticals on our Catalog & Selection team in our New Business Verticals organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will develop DoorDash catalogs in Convenience, Grocery, Alcohol and other verticals into best-in-class platforms in terms of catalog quality
- You will analyze and investigate data from multiple sources to identify gaps in coverage across Merchant catalogs vs the DoorDash platform
- You will partner with merchant and operations teams to close attribute coverage & accuracy gaps
- You will develop and drive processes and technological solutions to optimize our catalog attributes coverage & accuracy, and address gaps
- You will partner with members of our Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to develop, prioritize, & execute roadmaps, strategic plans, & individual projects/features to improve Catalog quality and health
- You will manage an external team of contractors who run quality audits across DoorDash's key catalog attributes
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1-2 years of experience in technology, strategy consulting, high-growth or early-stage startup experience; solving operational issues using technology and data– i.e building platform solutions, iterating on tech requirements for solving problems fast
- You have Excel and SQL mastery
- You have supported teams with a proven track record of delivering impactful products
- You are strategic and effective communicator- your plans clearly communicate the how and the why: goals, solutions and trade-offs
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in the past
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.