About the Team
The Leave of Absence & Accommodation Business Partner role sits on the LOAA Team and is part of the larger Benefits Operations/Total Rewards team. The Total Rewards team’s mission is to support the People Team in attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining a diverse, productive, and passionate workforce that successfully grows DoorDash business. We are motivated to improve our operational efficiency and effectiveness, and we hope you are too.
About the Role
The Leave of Absence & Accommodation Business Partner is responsible for supporting employees and managers through the entire leave lifecycle including return to work and accommodations while working closely with all other business stakeholders. We are seeking a versatile, quick-thinking team member to join our Leave & Accommodation Team and support employees company-wide. This role is a full-time opportunity. You will report into the Leave of Absence Team Lead on our Total Rewards team in our People organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage day to day leave activities and accommodations, including federal and state-mandated regulations; global leave knowledge is a plus
- Coordinate various programs during the employee leave process including company-provided STD, LTD, and Paid Parental Leave as well as locally mandated programs
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders in the leave process including HR Business Partners, managers, and our Payroll and Legal teams
- Utilize your strong organizational and time management skills for caseload management
- Respond to employee questions and inquiries
- Support with other initiatives as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an expert managing leave activities, including state and federal job protections and accommodations
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- You’re a strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do
- You’re an outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, and when to speak up
- You have 5+ years of direct experience managing leaves and accomodations
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $84,150 - $113,850 plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.