About the Team
This role is on the Information Security and IT Planning & Program Management team. We ensure successful delivery of key strategic efforts across Security and IT functions.
About the Role
This 100% remote role reports to the Chief of Staff, Planning & Program Management for Security and IT at DoorDash.
The ideal candidate brings a strong technical background in corporate technology, adaptability in a fast-paced environment, and excellent communication and collaboration skills. DoorDash leaders are able to successfully balance delivery and execution while fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment by using DoorDash values as guideposts.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Make an impact: Lead program teams that are solving the biggest challenges at DoorDash, delivering global solutions bridging people, process, and technology that scale to meet a 10x future.
- Nurture partnerships: Establish strong relationships across our Enterprise Technology, HR, Finance, Security, and Engineering teams, connecting our thought leaders to the teams that can deliver on their vision.
- Lead by example: Mentor and coach junior peers on our growing program management team, upleveling the entire organization through your experience and library of best practices.
- Build our M&A playbook: Build the foundations for how we manage mergers, acquisitions, and integrations going forward, establishing solid foundations for our future growth.
- Make us 1% Better Every Day: Leverage your technical acumen and program management expertise to continuously identify, and lead, opportunities to improve our IT and Security execution.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of experience leading programs across the IT, Finance, and/or HR technology ecosystems, demonstrating growing responsibility over time.
- You eat integrations for breakfast and have DoorDash deliver M&As for lunch. You have extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and a clear perspective on how best to manage complex integrations. You understand the business implications of every technical decision we make along the way.
- You are adept at seeing “the big picture” without losing focus on the details when needed. You’ve successfully focused disparate teams and competing priorities toward a common goal.
- You evaluate solutions for impacts to people, process, and technology. You are capable of identifying gaps and raising issues, even when it’s uncomfortable, seeking the optimal solution.
- You have extensive experience navigating diverse, global organizations and building healthy relationships regardless of role or level.
- You are comfortable taking action in the face of ambiguity, leading teams forward and re-calibrating as more information is available.
- You exhibit decision making maturity by assessing multiple factors to determine priority and by understanding when incoming requests require urgency or compromise.
- You can navigate processes required to obtain funding, set forecasts, and procure assets, software, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of identity and access management, security best practices, and a solid understanding of SOC2, SOX, and PCI compliance requirements.
- You have streamlined and automated processes using data to identify the improvement opportunities to prioritize.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $179,775 - $243,225, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.