About the Team
The DoorDash legal team has built a reputation within the company for a supportive approach to our style of counsel. We are team players, generous to our colleagues, and we value looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring a commercial lawyer to join our legal team at a very exciting time for our expanding business. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that improve a fast-growing, dynamic business.
The needs of the business are always changing, and as such, you’ll support a wide range of teams and initiatives. You will work with teams throughout the company, focusing on supporting our core restaurant business), alongside finance, tax, and engineering teams to help the business to grow and innovate. You'll draft and negotiate commercial agreements, provide business-focused strategic counsel, and help clients at every turn.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements with highly sophisticated and established national restaurant brands and franchises, consumer & packaged goods companies.
- Work closely with the rest of the legal team to launch new products and their associated terms, including our product, privacy, regulatory, IP, and litigation teams.
- Improve contract templates and legal processes. As we grow and improve, you'll improve existing tools and design new processes that help the business and commercial legal team continue to grow.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have experience managing the end-to-end negotiation of high dollar value, high visibility, complex commercial agreements, including sales agreements, brand marketing agreements, and strategic partnership agreements.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- Balance legal risk and our goals.
- See the glass as half full.
- Are decisive and relish ownership over workstreams and projects.
- Love designing efficient, agile, scalable processes that allow our business partners to move quickly.
- Agree no task is too small - we’re all in this together.
- Excel in project management across teams and subject matters.
- Have 4+ years of legal experience, with at least 2 of those years in house.
- Have a JD and are admitted to at least one US state bar.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the tech industry or the on-demand economy.
- Experience with cross-border transactions.
- Knowledge about franchise structures / relationships.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $182,070 - $246,330, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.