About the Team
Drive is DoorDash’s white-label delivery-as-a-service platform, and is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We’re realizing DoorDash’s mission of empowering local businesses everywhere, by expanding access to delivery. With Drive, merchants receive orders through their first-party channels (leveraging their own brand identity and voice), and utilize DoorDash’s delivery fleet to fulfill the order. Drive powers delivery for businesses small and large, from local neighborhood restaurants to national brands with thousands of locations.
The Developer Experience team within Drive supports the adoption of DoorDash Drive by enabling third-party applications to integrate DoorDash delivery capabilities into their products. This enables greater access to DoorDash by meeting merchants where they are, and unlocking new opportunities for delivery.
About the Role
We're looking for a Product Designer to own the end-to-end developer experience. You’ll be responsible for designing the tools that will enable developers to integrate DoorDash into their products. This is a unique opportunity to understand the needs of our partners, and solve for them in ways that not only drive developer satisfaction but also move business metrics. This role requires you to not just push pixels but work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to help drive the vision and strategy.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the user experience of products end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy, running design sprints, and crafting visions
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other disciplines to build and ship your designs
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of work experience
- You thrive in ambiguous environments, and bring clarity to your teams through your mastery of the design process (and the occasional design sprint)
- You skilfully balance strategy, research, interaction design, and visual design to achieve simple and elegant solutions
- You are comfortable working within complex systems and technologies
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.