About the Team
The Risk & Insurance team at DoorDash is responsible for all things corporate insurance at the company. We are a rapidly growing and exciting function that helps DoorDash manage risk and safety with a close lens on the company's bottom line. The team is divided into three separate subgroups: Actuarial, Claims Operations, and Risk Management & Mitigation. We are looking for forward thinkers that are excited to help build out this newly-formed team and match our ambitious cross-functional partners at DoorDash.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced claims specialist who will be a member of DoorDash's Corporate Risk & Insurance function with the Finance & Strategy team. You will work with our insurance carrier partners and third-party claims administrators with a focus on auto insurance claims. You will help form a comprehensive strategy around claims handling at DoorDash. Prior insurance experience is required, with an understanding of injury and property damage claims.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Ensure investigation, evaluation, and reporting of claims
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of assigned claims following established claims handling strategies
- Work directly with our carriers to investigate and expedite claims.
- Work with all support departments to investigate Auto, General Liability, and Occupational Accident claims.
- Participate and promote improvements.
- Help develop product and Help Center changes to provide a positive user experience when accidents occur and promote self-service on our platform.
- Manage the DocuSign, Salesforce, Google/ Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), and Drive Folders to ensure streamlined classification.
We're excited about you because…
- 3+ years in insurance claims adjusting, Trust and Safety, Fraud, Risk Management, or a related role
- Experience working with or for a gig or sharing economy company
- Experience handling high priority escalations and working promptly to provide resolutions
- Enthusiasm for Insurance
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.