About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Tax team and be a part of the fast growth the Company is experiencing! The Tax team is heavily involved in the operations of the business that impact Dashers, Merchants and Customers. As a key partner to the business, we are involved at the front end on plans for new products or country expansions, and closely integrated with the other functions in the CFO organization. As DoorDash continues to expand its product offerings and global footprint, proper planning plus management and compliance with various indirect tax laws continues to grow in importance.
About the Role
The Manager, Indirect Tax will report to the Director, Global Indirect Tax initially, and will play a key role in the Tax team as DoorDash rapidly expands. This role will assist in various Global Indirect Tax needs as DoorDash expands within the US and globally.
A successful candidate will be able to build successful relationships within Tax and across the broader company and communicate complex indirect tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist with performing research and analysis on a variety of tax issues, including new transaction taxes, new markets and project-specific initiatives.
- Assist with ensuring new products and markets launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and exposure to penalties.
- Assist with analyzing current and proposed indirect tax policy changes, evaluating impacts, developing and executing plans accordingly.
- Understanding the impact of new product launches or tax positions to any indirect tax accruals, reconciliations, and returns, and work with Indirect Tax Accounting and Compliance to ensure proper support is provided to support accruals and reconciliations.
- Assist in managing DoorDash’s US and foreign indirect tax registrations and business license requirements.
- Assist in any tax audit position research and support.
- Assist with the review of US and foreign indirect tax requirements for system implementation or enhancements required.
- Partner with a variety of DoorDash teams, including accounting, legal, engineering, operations, and finance on a variety of initiatives.
- Assist with process improvement projects as needed in an effort to continuously improve global indirect tax processes.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of relevant tax experience with a deep understanding of US indirect tax systems, and Global indirect tax systems.
- You have a proven ability to understand common principles of Indirect tax and ability to apply them to the business.
- You have experience with Indirect tax planning and/or compliance.
- You have a B.S. degree; CPA or JD (JD equivalent) required. MST or Tax LLM is a plus.
- You have relevant public accounting, law firm or industry experience.
- You have a proven ability to understand and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex tax topics in a non-technical manner and effectively work with other functions within the company.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.