About the Team
U.S. businesses spend over $100 billion annually on food for employees and customers. DoorDash for Work is a standalone vertical within DoorDash, focused on building meal procurement solutions for companies. DoorDash for Work leverages DoorDash’s global marketplace, selection, and infrastructure, to offer a compelling enterprise offering to employers at Fortune 1000 companies. As the Head of Strategic Partnerships, you will build the strategy to acquire and manage relationships with several of the largest corporations in the world. You will partner closely with marketing, finance, legal analytics, and product to execute on your strategy.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for our largest and most valuable corporate relationships. You will be directly responsible for leading and growing our strategic accounts. You will report directly to the Senior Director, Head of Corporate Partnerships, and will partner closely with our product GM, Sales Operations, Product, Marketing, and People teams to execute on a strategic plan and hit revenue targets. We are looking for a sales and account management professional who is able to drive business level and P&L-focused conversations internally & externally. Ideally, you have experience with SaaS platform products that involve navigating procurement & administrative teams at Fortune 1000 companies. You have experience negotiating corporate agreements and use creative deal terms to structure mutual wins. Finally, you enjoy building stuff and like to experiment with new things to further develop internal products and processes in ways that we may not have explored before.
This is a highly visible role that requires comfort in presenting to senior leadership both internally and externally with polish and professionalism. Clear and concise communication is critical as you partner with cross-functional leaders across DoorDash to ensure the success of both this team and the greater DoorDash business.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead: Hire a team of highly skilled managers that work to attract new Enterprise customers, while taking a people first approach to attract outstanding talent and support the personal development of members in your organization.
- Build: You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's next big business. You'll use your curiosity and other skills to execute quickly, get 1% better every day, and roll out playbooks to grow our corporate accounts business.
- Strategize: You'll develop optimal strategies for best serving our corporate customers and help make determinations as to where we should allocate our resources based on real-time feedback from prospective customers.
- Motivate: You believe the key input to success is our people. The chief constraint on hitting goals is doing so while building a high morale team.
- Diversity, Equality & Inclusion: Contribute to a culture that is committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive and diverse team environment.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have…
- 8+ years of experience in account management / strategy / business development / sales / investment banking / consulting or related experience in a client facing role
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator
- Experience building close relationships from the ground up with large corporations, understanding their needs at a very deep level, and collaborating to structure creative deal terms which result in joint wins
- Experience working cross-functionally to iterate on pricing & go-to-market strategy
- A track record of consistently achieving objectives
- You are DoorDash first: you work well with others under the one team one fight mindset and choose optimism when solving for pain points as we grow
- You’re a builder at heart: you dream big and start small when it comes to business and people leadership and are an owner of deal strategy, job competencies, lead segmenting, and the other key pieces of infrastructure that allow your team to succeed
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity: goals will be aggressive and infrastructure shaky; in the face of uncertainty you truth seek to find problems and show a bias for action to marry those problems with creative solutions
- You’re an empathetic leader: you have a track record of making room at the table for diverse perspectives; building a team that achieves the what is not enough, you accomplish the what and display our values in demonstrating the how
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.