About the Team
Our Team architects, cultivates, and influences a distinct and meaningful culture where employees will grow more than they thought possible so we can realize DoorDash’s mission: To grow and empower local economies.
About the Role
You’ll partner with our operational teams and cross functional partners to execute against the vision, mission, and strategy of MxS People and Performance. You will envision, implement, and execute strategic projects and initiatives to improve the employee engagement and performance. You’ll assist in goal setting to track the success of the team, and be responsible for ensuring quarterly quotas are met, and maintaining daily, weekly and monthly key performance indicators and quality metrics. This role is for someone who is passionate about people, obsesses about operational details, and cares deeply about the employee experience. You will report into the Senior Manager of Merchant Services, People, in our Merchant Operations organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Operate as a project manager, and also lead cross functional initiatives to deliver on quarterly goals.
- Level up our people process with our primary objective in mind to ensure our employees have an engaging and performance driven experience.
- Build and deliver projects across the MxS team. Partner with Phoenix wide colleagues to ensure projects are consistent across teams.
- Advocate and act as the voice of the employee
- Write employee facing communications
- Help oversee critical elements of our Performance management systems
- Oversee an L&D team to guide training and team development initiatives
We’re excited about you because…
- You are known for your outstanding EQ, listening skills, and passion for putting people first.
- You are data driven and love the challenge of bringing clarity to “soft metrics”
- You have 2+ years leading complex and collaborative projects
- A project management designation is preferred (PMP, Six Sigma, or similar)
- You identify scalable solutions across the business
- You take quick actions to achieve business objectives
- You have experience leading small to mid sized teams
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.