About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help build our business in Australia! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We're looking for people with a deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to allow us to best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
It's an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team in Australia with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager to build our local accounting process and departments for our Asia Pacific region.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage daily accounting activities to ensure compliance with local regulations/GAAP, U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Oversight and being accountable for the accuracy and completeness financial results of the GL functions in Japan
- Work with external vendors and oversee the budget and manage the performance of external vendors
- Review account reconciliations on a monthly basis and prepare monthly reporting packages
- In charge of statutory audit of local financials as needed
- Work with internal partners, including HR and FP&A, and external team members.
- Actively seek process improvements and being a driving force in accounting related projects, including payroll
- Administer employee reimbursement
- Stay up-to-date with local payroll, compliance, and accounting rules.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years' of hands-on accounting experience, a CPA great to have!
- You are self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Take ownership of the process
- You have sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- You are data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
- You have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.