About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can model the future and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution. On a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and design and launch pilots.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate who will work as a member of DoorDash’s Finance & Strategy team, partnering with our Sales organizations in order to support our sales productivity across all verticals. You will support the Global Sales Finance Operations Center of Excellence team, which will focus on several sales finance ops activities including supporting Headcount and Compensation Planning/Management for our growth engine: Sales and Business Development. We are looking for someone with a combination of Big 4 Consulting and operating experience who has partnered or led projects across multiple organizations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with partners to develop new processes and investment frameworks
- Work to increase our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Identify and measure important risks and opportunities in our business
- Support special projects to automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools
- Analyze business/financial Measurements, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
We’re excited about you because…
- Insatiable curiosity. You are constantly exploring, asking questions, and working to uncover new insights about our business.
- Expert investigative skills. You quickly and easily manipulate millions of transactions or events to find patterns and discover new opportunities.
- Self starter. You take the initiative, and are always looking for new ways to contribute and make an impact.
- Relentless. Things never quite go according to plan. You have the determination and grit to keep working a problem as new challenges emerge, together with the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- Ownership mentality. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive results, even if it’s outside your normal areas of focus.
- Get-it-done attitude. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Expert financial modeling. Your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. We generally switch between Excel and SQL depending on the need -- Excel for simpler analyses & outputs, and SQL to run simulations at the delivery or customer level.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant fields
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in sales operations, finance, Big 4 Consulting or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to move quickly and desire to own projects from Day 1
- SQL experience preferred, or desire to learn
- Experience in sales finance preferred
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.