About the Team
On the Inside Account Management team we develop DoorDash restaurant partners to achieve the highest levels of growth and satisfaction on the platform. We work to understand the unique needs of our top SMB Merchants and create plans to help achieve them. We operate as extensions of top local Restaurants in our local communities and within DoorDash's ecosystem. We partner closely with the top Restaurant groups to help them grow and perform both on the DoorDash platform and in their own first-party channels.
About the Role
We're looking for a Director, Inside Account Management who will oversee our team of Inside Success Managers primarily based in Phoenix. You will report directly to our Head of SMB Account Management, focused on growth and retention for top SMB Mx. This is an important role managing a large overall book of business across the aggregate Success Managers. As the leader of this team, you will create and execute the strategy to help make this channel one of the fastest growing and most profitable for our Restaurant Partners. This will include heavy cross-functional alignment and matrixed leadership. In addition to this strategy setting from a business perspective, you will develop the plans to continue to grow and nurture our talent within the Inside Account Management team. Finally you will turn this team into the ultimate source of feedback and input to help adjust and evolve our current product roadmap.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a large team of Managers and their teams (Success Managers) focused on growing merchants relationships with top SMB merchants in the US
- Influence and Partner – Work across our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals. Enjoy partnering on challenging and nuanced deal negotiations end-to-end, combining business, strategy, finance, marketing, and legal work.
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant leadership teams to accomplish go to market plans that promote mutual outcomes for Merchants and DoorDash. Work with partners, internal and external to the Inside Account Management team to develop new processes to improve clarity, identify opportunities, and measure risks in our business.
- Analyze – Support planning processes to improve, scale, and automate AO tools to inform deeper merchant insights and product understanding. Achieve quarterly OKR targets for your book of business based on a deep understanding of your accounts and helping create tools to achieve goals easier
- Experiment – Use data and merchant feedback to guide decisions on everything from in-store marketing, to launching and piloting new products and initiatives.
We’re excited about you because…
- 7+ years of experience in sales / success / client services / strategy / business development / operations / analytics / consulting or related experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team to achieve personal and shared goals
- Experience in a client-facing or account management / sales role
- Experience in connecting team members across a larger mission and organization
- Experience from either the restaurant industry, small or large business sales, or high-growth, early tech startup environments
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.