About the Team:
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on builder and leader to grow and manage DoorDash’s Darkstore Delivery business in Canada. This role is responsible for growing the darkstore delivery business to be the largest in Canada. This individual will be responsible for building the Canada team, directly managing an independent company with its own board and employee base, and in setting and executing against a go-to-market strategy. This role requires someone who is strategic, moves fast, detail oriented, and a proven team leader.
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead. Recruit, lead & retain a world-class team of builders and owners. As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you. You will oversee the whole team, from regional operations, supply chain, category management, quality and logistics, and strategy and planning.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business, DashMart, in Canada. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch quickly, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details - from what cities or regions to launch next, to how we can keep bananas and avocados ripe to ultimately minimize spoilage.
- Own. From first principles, you’ll build and iterate on the optimal strategy & vision for DashMart in Canada. You will drive growth and directly manage the P&L.
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
- Manage. This role requires an experienced manager. You will be building and overseeing a large team, responsible for motivating and empowering them to scale the business. You will also be managing an entire Canadian entity with multiple shareholders, whom you will report to on a quarterly basis.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a leader. You have 5+ years of people management experience leading people leaders (managing leaders with direct reports).
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You're accountable - You want to lead the outcome and positively shape our most important metrics. You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- You have 10+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, logistics, military or a related experience).
- You’re open to travel. This role will require 30%+ travel time.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- You are familiar with SQL
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.