About the Team
DoorDash’s Trust and Safety team is seeking an experienced policy expert to be the leader of our Community Policy function. Community Policy will create, write and socialize the policies and rules that guide online and offline behavior on the platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a proven track record of performance to design, build and scale a new function at DoorDash from the ground up.
About the Role
As Director of Community Policy, you will be responsible for creating, owning and evangelizing platform policy development for DoorDash as you help to write rules that guide behavior of our customers, dashers and merchants. You will bring empathy and ethical judgment in shaping our values driven policies. You will work closely with public policy, legal, support, fraud, product and leadership to build out our policy framework. You have excellent communication skills and can work with a range of people from our front line Trust and Safety associates to M-Team. You and your team will spearhead. You will be responsible for building a team of community policy experts that can write, adapt and expand our platform guidelines
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead DoorDash’s policy development for consumers, dashers and merchants to ensure a safe community
- Develop, launch and maintain DoorDash’s Community Guidelines and other critical policy documents.
- Work closely with leadership, legal, public policy, product, support and operations to build values based policies that define acceptable behavior
- Build the community policy team. Find, grow and mentor the people responsible for researching, writing and iterating on our policies under your guidance.
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our policies before they become a problem.
- Work closely with the Trust and Safety team to operationalize our policies to ensure their work is supported and consistent.
- Weigh in on sensitive escalations from the Trust and Safety team and discuss decisions with our leadership team.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience in relevant fields such as policy development for the sharing/gig economy and/or content policy.
- 6+ years of relevant management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Including persuasive and analytical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build coalitions and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to communicate and influence in a range of settings, from one on one meetings to company all hands.
- Deep policy expertise and the broad contextual knowledge required for writing effective policies.
- Experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues.
- Comfortable working with leadership including M-team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.