About the Team
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We are a stellar team of experienced Data product leaders, working to define and build on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a leader with experience leading global teams in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment and a track record of strong partnership with cross-functional leadership. This leader should bring excellent strategic thinking on Data products, demonstrated abilities to build and develop leaders on their team, scale teams to the opportunities ahead and to roll up their sleeves when appropriate. A successful candidate will be able to use these skills while managing multiple priorities and play a critical role in developing and advocating for a data-driven culture across the company.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build a high performing, scalable organization in an ambiguous and fast paced environment. This includes hiring, onboarding, mentoring, developing and coaching of existing and new team members and managers.
- Lead the Data Product Management organization by fostering a data-driven culture with self-service experiences for all stakeholders.
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, and develop global solutions for monitoring operations and responding to external events
- Present the Data Product vision and strategic recommendations with clarity and concision to stakeholders having varying degrees of data fluency.
- Craft and lead team to its vision: drive impact towards goals, and work with leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results
- Work with data engineering/data platform/data science and other analytics teams to establish data sources that serve teams' business needs, identifying and advocating for process improvements and industry best practices
- Oversee the buildout of data infrastructure and processes, including data governance and data integrity approaches.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 12+ years of experience in product management in data and analytics, with 5+ years in a leadership / management capacity, with a proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing data teams in a fast-growing startup environment.
- You have grappled with challenges at early-stage data teams and led the transition from a nascent to a highly scaled data org.
- You are an innovator at the forefront of modern data tooling and approaches.
- You have a forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset with a strong bias to action. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none.
- You have outstanding interpersonal, communication and executive leadership skills with the proven ability to synthesize complex information in ways others can easily understand.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages.
- Experience in Data Lake and Data Warehousing technology landscape including Spark, Hive, Snowflake, Redshift Pinot, Druid etc.
- Expertise in building business intelligence solutions for accessing data, including developing custom web-platforms for visualization or leveraging commercial technologies such as Tableau, Sigma, Looker, Amplitude, among others
- Strong experience with experimentation platform and infrastructure to scale A/B testing
- You are kind, collaborative and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side.
- You are passionate about DoorDash and the problem we are solving
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.