About the Team
New Verticals is a lean team at DoorDash that is building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. New Verticals include the DashMart, convenience, alcohol and grocery businesses. Our team is responsible for the consumer Strategy & Operations of these businesses.
About the Role
You will be responsible for defining, executing, and optimizing the in-app merchandising strategy to grow DoorDash New Verticals (Grocery, Convenience and Alcohol). They will lead how consumers discover and interact with New Verticals within DoorDash while designing and running experiments to continually improve the in-app experience. You will partner with cross-functional teams to incorporate other marketing touchpoints into consumer discovery of New Verticals. This role will lead the strategy and optimization of in-app placements for New Verticals stores including how to incorporate notifications and promotions to drive consumer interaction.
You will report into the Senior Manager on our Consumer Growth team in our New Verticals businesses organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over creating the strategy for growth of DoorDash’s next big businesses. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for how the consumer wants to interact with our DashMart, convenience, alcohol and grocery businesses.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including the GM/ operations team for each vertical, marketing, engineering, product, design and finance to build the right tools for growth.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You thrive with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a breadth of disciplines and teams.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re persuasive. You are an effective communicator, speaking as if you’re right and listening as if you’re wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you.You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 0-2 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in a competitive, or challenging environment.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.