About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build modern services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate. Our Partner Integrations team works with our Merchants to integrate their tech stack with DD (e.g., integrating with the merchant's POS system to improve operational efficiency for our merchants and order quality for our consumers). The team has grown tremendously in the last year evolving from purely serving US restaurants as customers to servicing an integrations platform for DoorDash across markets beyond restaurants and across all our international markets.
About the Role
As the Director of Integrations Strategy & Operations, you will sett the strategy for our integrations platform. You will work cross functionally with our business development, product, engineering and vertical GM teams to develop quarterly plans and guide execution against this plan. This is an important role for DoorDash, powering our growth in every vertical and market. The leader in this position will flex different skills to excel in strategy, operations, execution, and people leadership.
You will report to the Director of Partner Integrations in our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build the strategy for DoorDash's Integrations Platform – You will lead the strategic vision for DoorDash's integrations platform including how we should achieve scale across new markets and international markets across teams' requirements. You will identify important growth levers across ops and product and work across teams to bring these levers to bear.
- Oversee the plan to Delivery – You will not just have the vision, but work on the plans to bring your strategy to life. You'll own important work-streams, goals, and execution for our merchant projects to increase value to our customer and merchant audiences.
- Build a Team of High Performers – You will manage a team of motivated individuals and coach them to enhance their skills and performance. You will also recruit external talent to DoorDash, build the team, and align the structure to best position the team to achieve our goals.
- Build Cross Functional Relationships – You will work cross-functionally with our partners (Sales, Product, General Managers) to ensure that the vision and plans for merchant integrations are understood, teams are motivated to engage, and ensure that teams are delivering what our merchants needs from them.
We’re excited about you because you are a…
- 10+ years of experience specifically across consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience. High-growth or early-stage startup experience is advantageous.
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans and you are excited to build those plans yourself.
- You have people management experience and a track record as a culture carrier with an advocate for DEI programs.
- You are data oriented and can let the data tell the story. You use data to test hypotheses and ensure we are hitting our metrics and to set future direction and strategy.
- You can tell the story to different audiences at different levels.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.