About the Team
This role is on the Design Systems team and would bridge the gap between our design system and the one of our vertical product design teams (Consumer, Merchant, or Dasher App). This role would work closely with both product designers and design system designers, translating product specific needs and bringing insights back to the core system.
About the Role
We're looking for a Lead Design Systems Designer to extend our core DoorDash design system to support all the needs of our apps as we grow into new categories like grocery, convenience, retail, and beyond.
This includes helping product designers evolve vertical-specific component libraries, creating high-level pattern guidance, and partnering on strategic projects like net new features. This role would work closely with both product designers and design system designers, translating between product specific needs and the shared core system.
You will report into the Design System Manager on our Design Infrastructure team in our Product Design organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Extend the design system component library by designing new components specifically for the vertical, whether that be our Consumer, Merchant, or Dasher App.
- Define design patterns and document them for reusability by the vertical specific product design team.
- Facilitate contributions from product designers to share libraries. You will review and give them feedback on their contributions, helping teach product designers about systems thinking.
- Partner with product designers on strategic projects, like net new features and redesigns, and elevate their designs with solid visual design and systems thinking.
- Guide product designers to use the design system to the fullest extent, leveraging existing patterns and extending them when necessary.
- Help evolve the visual design language of the apps, extending the DoorDash brand.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a product designer who loves designing systems and a design system designer who loves designing products. You can’t see how the roles can be separated.
- You have exceptional visual design and craft. You set the bar for what we aim to do in our products.
- You understand how your designs will be implemented, and can collaborate with design technologists to add new features to the system.
- 8+ years of experience as a product designer or design system designer at a digital product company, contributing to or leading the design and visual execution of product experiences.
- At least 3 years of design systems experience is required.
- Experience mentoring and guiding other designers is required.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $141,525 - $191,475, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.