About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an accomplished Associate General Manager, to join our Marketplace Management function in the Strategy & Operations team. The Strategy & Operations team at DoorDash works cross functionally, makes strategic decisions, and executes our market management strategies to ensure that DoorDash meets its business objectives.
You will will lead subset of submarkets in DoorDash's business in Australia, and will be responsible for our overall success in these markets.
About the Role
- You will be accountable overall business success–including growth and profitability in regional Australia.
- You will oversee important metrics, move the needle on the flywheel and develop local plans to achieve DoorDash's goals in these regional markets.
- You will set the right goals, making the right tradeoffs, and looking for resources across the business will be important to achieve success.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create strategies and goals that help teams to achieve product market fit and scale the DoorDash Marketplace and Drive businesses in these markets
- Highlight and address market risks, challenges, and opportunities that arise on a daily basis in these markets
- Lead cross functionally, working with peers and team members to make these markets a success and bring local insights to our market plans
- Work directly with merchants, customers and dashers in these local markets to resolve issues, uncover opportunities and grow the business
- Work on a mix of analytics, strategy and planning and hands-on within the markets to achieve growth
We're excited about you because you have…
- 5+ years of previous experience in an e-commerce or marketplace company
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence stakeholders with competing priorities
- Background in consulting, banking, general management at a technology company preferred
- Strong analytical skills required - fluency in spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) required and SQL skills preferred
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US, Australia and Canada.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.