About the Team
The Enterprise Ad Sales Team is responsible for the marketing vision, development, and growth of our largest advertising partnerships. This team was recently formed, and is seeking it’s first Agency Partnerships Lead, to build an industry-leading ads and promotions business across the DoorDash marketplace. The growing DoorDash ads business will quickly become the single best place for merchants and brands to market to local customers, in an ecosystem that benefits all parties.
About the Role
As the Director, Agency Partnerships, you will develop the strategy for our media agency business, creating a scalable and sustainable value exchange between agency stakeholders, advertisers, and DoorDash customers. You will be responsible for building the foundation, establishing relationships with agency executives, empowering and training agency teams, and influencing the DoorDash ads product roadmap to meet the needs of the agency community. In this role, you will be highly entrepreneurial, and need to balance short-term gains with a long-term vision. You will work cross-functionally with Restaurant and CPG Ad Sales, marketing, analytics, and product, to innovate on our future approach and solutions. You will report into the Head of Ad Sales, in our Enterprise Sales & Business Development organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build the foundational knowledge base and mapping of agency to DoorDash advertiser/prospect relationships.
- Develop the infrastructure for long-term partnerships and ideate/execute scaled initiatives with agencies across our ads offering and beyond.
- Establish and grow senior relationships with the largest Agency Holding Companies and top independent advertising agencies across the US.
- Educate, empower and enable team members across all levels of agency organizations.
- Own sales pipeline for agency agreements, from planning and forecasting through to negotiation and execution.
- Serve as the primary voice of the media agency landscape within DoorDash, informing product roadmaps and go-to-market strategies, and ultimately ensuring we build for agency needs now and in the future.
- Accelerate brand-specific growth (starting with Restaurants and Consumer Packaged Goods) through and in partnership with agency stakeholders.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a deep, first-hand understanding of the advertising agency landscape and operating model, as well as subject matter expertise in the digital ads/ecommerce space
- You consistently apply rigorous organization skills and ability to thrive in an ambiguous/fast paced environment
- You think both analytically and creatively, and are excellent at balancing quantitative and qualitative business needs
- Your bias for action creates impact in the short-term, yet your strategic mindset enables a long-range vision that inspires those around you
- You are a master of stakeholder relationship management with excellent communication and negotiation prowess
- You are entrepreneurial at the core, with the capability and track report to build a team down the line
- As an added bonus, you are familiar with the core verticals in which DoorDash operates - restaurant, convenience/grocery, retail and consumer packaged goods
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.