About the Team
Data is at the foundation of DoorDash success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing pipelines, data structures, and data warehouse architectures; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to be a technical powerhouse to help us scale our data infrastructure, automation and tools to meet growing business needs.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand data requirements
- Work with engineering, product teams and 3rd parties to collect required data
- Design, develop and implement large scale, high volume, high performance data models and pipelines for Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Develop and implement data quality checks, conduct QA and implement monitoring routines
- Improve the reliability and scalability of our ETL processes
- Manage a portfolio of data products that deliver high-quality, trustworthy data
- Help onboard and support other engineers as they join the team
We’re excited about you because…
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python/Java
- 3+ years of experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tools like Airflow, flink, Oozie and Azkaban using AWS/GCP
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience with the Distributed data/similar ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Druid, Presto) and streaming technologies such as Kafka/Flink.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau, Superset and Looker
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment, self starter and self organizing
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.