About the Team
The Developer Platform org’s mission is to scale and empower DoorDash’s engineers by building a delightful and productive developer experience - empowering them to do their work quickly and confidently. Developer Platform will solve DoorDash’s top engineering challenges across two pillars: Productivity and Platforms. With the toolset and infrastructure Developer Platform puts in place, every engineer will feel empowered rather frustrated, boosting productivity to greater heights. They will feel like they can move at lightning speed through the codebase and deliver their features in record time. On top of this, the platforms that engineers build on will be performant, reliable, modern and testable. They will have everything an engineer needs to be greater every day and be customer obsessed, leading DoorDash to its full potential.
Our web engineers particularly need our help. As a member of the Web Platform team, you will be focused on modernizing our tech stack, standardizing frameworks, and providing novel ways to scale both the performance of our apps and the productivity of our engineers.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading high-impact tech initiatives that shape how we deliver the web experience at DoorDash.
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Next.js and Apollo Server.
- Driving efficiency between Web and Mobile, whether it be network, common components, or learnings.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Keeping connected to the web community both inside and outside of DoorDash.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
- Create and implement industry best practices for web development.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 3 years experience in web engineering.
- You have seen scale and know how to lead others to it.
- You have great ideas about web platforms that just haven’t found the right company to take a chance yet.
- You have a product mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform services.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.