About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The Engineering Enablement team empowers DoorDash Engineering with programs and services that attract and enable our technical talent to be engaged in the best work of their career. We work across engineering to deliver training, develop site programs, increase our brand awareness, and create an engaging and rewarding environment for our technical talent. We have an innate passion for trailblazing and driving creative solutions. The team acts as a trusted partner to our Engineering leadership and Recruiting teams, and our efforts directly contribute to building a scalable engineering organization that supports our company roadmap.
About the Role
As the Director of our Engineering Enablement team, you will have the opportunity to directly influence our technical talent recruiting and retention strategy, working closely with both People and Engineering leadership teams. You will be scaling out a small but impactful team that supports enablement for our growing engineering team.
You will report to the Senior Director of Engineering Operations, who also leads our Technical Program Management team. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid, working a few days a week from our offices.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive the vision, strategy, and execution for an Engineering Enablement team that supports DoorDash Engineering – this team is responsible for attracting the best technical talent, training our engineering talent to deliver business value, and cultivating an engaging and rewarding engineering experience to retain them
- Foster creative ideas that progress our overall enablement strategy and objectives
- Build discipline and rigor to critically measure and assess enablement programs with meaningful data measurement
- Partner with Engineering leadership team and our cross-functional partners, such as People teams, to define and evolve the roadmap and objectives
- Work with cross-functional business partners to prioritize, plan, and run initiatives that improve engineering experience
- Scale the team by developing leaders internally and attracting world-class talent
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of management experience, ideally with a focus and passion for learning and development and tech brand strategy
- You understand engineers and enjoy working with them
- You have a desire for impact - you sign up for and drive high impact programs to attract, train, and retain top technical talent
- At your core, you're creative with new solutions; you have an experimentation mindset but also build programs that scale effectively
- You are an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- You are humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- You are able to collaborate and build relationships across organizations
- You build teams that collaborate to deliver their objectives, creating trust, synergy, and impact with the programs they develop and own
- You have experience working in a fast paced and rapidly growing organization
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.