About the Team
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented machine learning managers to help us develop and improve the models that power DoorDash's three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
As a machine learning manager for search & recommendations you will have the opportunity to lead a team of data scientists building the algorithms that are at the heart of our fast growing retail delivery business. Your team will use advanced modeling and experimentation methods to deliver a highly personalized and relevant experience to help our customers shop in grocery, convenience, and many more retail categories.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop our search & recommendation strategy over a diverse and expanding retail space.
- Find new ways to leverage diverse data sources, sophisticated models, and flexible experimentation to create a world class shopping experience
- Grow and mentor a team of machine learning experts
- Partner with engineering and product leaders to help us grow a multi-billion dollar retail delivery business.
- You can find out more on our ML blog post here
We’re excited about you because…
- 2+ years of industry experience hiring and managing teams of data scientists / machine learning experts.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing machine learning models with business impact.
- Deep familiarity with search and/or recommendation systems and related topics such as natural language processing, image processing, and online learning.
- Strong machine learning background in Python; experience with PyTorch or TensorFlow preferred.
- Experience shipping production ML models and designing sophisticated experimentation techniques.
- M.S., or PhD. in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- High-energy and confident — you keep the mission in mind, take ideas and help them grow using data and rigorous testing, show evidence of progress and then double down
- You’re an owner — driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble — you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity — things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded — you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact — ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.