About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous to the success of our business. Design plays an important role, providing critical thought partnership in cross-functional product development.
On the New Verticals Design Team, our goal is to empower local economies by expanding DoorDash beyond restaurant delivery. We build new experiences to expand DoorDash into categories such as Grocery, Alcohol, Retail, Pets, and many more.
About the Role
As we expand into new categories, we’re building experiences that empower Dashers to easily fulfill new order types, providing new opportunities and more earning capabilities. This is where you come in. We're looking for a Design Leader to create and lead the next world-class experience for our Dasher community.
You'll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will talk with Dashers around the world to understand and solve for their unique needs across categories. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Contribute directly to DoorDash's product strategy and define the future of our fulfillment experience.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and then chart a path forward.
- Mentor junior designers and help them grow.
- Improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers and have a direct impact on our Dasher community.
We’re excited about you because…
- You thrive in ambiguous environments, and bring clarity to your teams through your mastery of the design process and storytelling.
- You are an expert at simplifying complex problems.
- You skillfully balance strategy, research, interaction design, and visual design to achieve simple and elegant solutions.
- You are passionate about complex products such as logistics, fulfillment, and marketplaces.
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and obsess over the details.
- You are a senior level IC with 7+ years of work experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.