About the Team
The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive. From advancing our vision for the future of work, to supporting small businesses through innovative partnerships and programs, to combating food insecurity and promoting sustainability through the power of the DoorDash platform, we are at the cutting edge of public policy issues at all levels of government.
About the Role
Based in Seattle, WA, DoorDash is hiring an experienced organizer and political leader to join our growing Public Engagement team. The Public Engagement Manager-Northwest will work with our Dashers, merchants, customers, and third-party organizations to build relationships with members of our diverse community along the Northwest region, to help achieve our public policy goals. You’ll work closely with the Government Relations, Social Impact, and Policy Development teams as well as other departments including Legal, Strategy & Operations, Communications, and Marketing.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and execute DoorDash’s grassroots engagement strategy at the local, state, and federal levels along the Northwest Region.
- Lead DoorDash’s outreach to our broad and diverse community along the Northwest region, including Dashers, small businesses, customers, and third party organizations to further our public policy objectives.
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community and political organizations in DoorDash’s markets.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to design and implement paid policy campaigns.
- Serve as primary on the ground political strategist for the Northwest region, designing dynamic and multi-faceted campaign and engagement strategies.
- Engage and liaison with industry peers on policy and public engagement issues facing the Northwest region.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a seasoned organizer and strategist with at least 5 years experience and a proven track record in political campaigns, agency or corporate organizing experience, or experience in an elected officials office at the federal, state or local level. Experience recruiting and remotely managing staff and volunteers.
- Strong communicator who is effective in both one-on-one and group and town hall style settings.
- Ability to build strong and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- In-house corporate experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy.
- Successful past experience organizing and working in Northwest Region markets.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.