About the Team
The International Analytics team is looking for experienced Data Scientists to guide measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making as we expand our logistics platform across the globe. Data Scientists at DoorDash work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organisation. Analytics is integral to all operational areas at DoorDash.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Scientist at DoorDash, you'll use your quantitative background to mentor other scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We solve many exciting challenges including customer acquisition, balancing supply and demand, fraud and support, marketing, marketplace efficiency, and more. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build a market from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we're looking for someone like you!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviours, and long-term trends
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Be excited to travel (when it's safe!) to meet with business partners and the teams in each market
We're excited about you because you have…
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
- 8+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Experience working with funnel optimiation, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc
- Expertise of SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualisation tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- The determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.