About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong platform or technical background to oversee our Drive Platform engineering team in Seattle. The Drive team is responsible for opening up the DoorDash logistics platform as a fulfillment service to any merchant, business, or user who has delivery needs but not the means to do so. The product is also the foundation for enabling DoorDash to deliver outside of the food space to new verticals including groceries, pharmaceuticals, retail, alcohol and more. At the core of the Drive team is the Platform team, which is responsible for the scalability, reliability and platformization of the service. As Drive grows from the small “startup” it started as years ago, to DoorDash’s second billion dollar business, we must ensure we build a platform to enable us to continue to move quickly and methodically.
About the Role
Drive is one of the fastest growing areas within DoorDash. With that fast growth comes scale challenges. If you are excited about taking a team of strong, motivated engineers and solve some incredibly hard distributed systems problems to help our product scale as fast as our business is scaling - then this job is for you. You will report into Engineering Manager on our Drive Platform team in our Platform & Enterprise organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide technical guidance, leadership and development for a team growing to 7+ engineers
- Own the hiring process for your team, in partnership with recruiting, to grow a diverse and inclusive team
- Collaborate with business and engineering leaders at multinational corporations to help understand their business needs and formulate them into a world class product
- Engage with key internal business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for our product
- Partner with analytics and data counterparts to measure impact and success of products and features delivered
We’re excited about you because…
- Hands-on technical leader with 2+ years of experience leading a team of 6+ engineers
- Exceptional Platform intuition
- Able to lead a team spanning product, platform and more technical DevOps responsibilities
- High-energy and driven - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.