About the Team
As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you will play an important role in the Enterprise Technology Team within DoorDash IT. This role serves as a trusted business partner to implement systems and innovative process improvements.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for Salesforce platform, solution design, and security architecture. This position will work with all levels of the business including business partners, technology and external vendors. You will also participate in Enterprise Salesforce design of sales and support/service cloud implementation and provide recommendations for security and platform management.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Design scalable and sustainable solutions alongside our technical leaders,providing detailed design documentation, proofs-of-concept, and prototypes
- Map out and align solutions to a technology roadmap that falls within our strategic objectives for the product org
- Recognize and weave common objectives among different initiatives into one vision
- Map out and maintain our application architecture, data architecture, and journey maps of our application experience
- Work closely with a team of managers, admins, and developers to realize your solution
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Services, Customer Success, Product and Sr. stakeholders operating as a platform owner
- Evaluate, select, implement, and integrate technology tools into a solution to support key business unit stakeholders
- Act as Security admin and drive security architecture.
We’re excited about you because you have...
- 3 or more years of experience working as a Solution Architect
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce Developer working in a scalable environment
- 1+ year of experience with Lightning development, ideally as part of a Lightning migration
- Experienced performing unit testing using Salesforce.com APEX and Visualforce pages
- Experienced in designing, developing, and supporting Salesforce.com implementations in a large enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of software development (agile), common adjacent systems, and infrastructure
- You're excited to work closely with many facets of the business to accelerate our growth
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification is a plus!
- Experienced with Salesforce sales cloud and/or support cloud
- Experienced in building integrations with Rest API, Platform Events, and Streaming APIs
- Thorough understanding of salesforce system limits to build at scale
- Interest in working across departments to manage shifting priorities and requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence a large organization and grow within a team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.