About the Team
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for building cloud applications and applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
About the Role
Building an autonomous robot is hard and requires lots of tools to help understand what the robot is doing in the real world. We’re hiring a full stack web engineer for our autonomous robotics software team. In this role, you’ll work with multiple stakeholders including Product, autonomy engineers, devops, and operations to develop applications and tools needed for autonomous robot development. You’ll be designing and building web back end and front end applications which help us uplevel our understanding of robot data. You will report into the Software Engineering Manager on our Autonomy Teamin our DoorDash Labs organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Play an integral role on a small and focused team
- Own web applications across their entire stack, from data ingestion to serving architecture to front end design
- Design and create new ways to render and visualize robot data in our web visualization interface
- Rapidly design, prototype, and ship new web back & front ends for applications to unlock new robot development capabilities
- Build pipelines which can transform terabytes of rich robot data into more efficient and usable forms
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Experience in web front end development using tools like React and Angular
- A knack for simple but effective UI layout
- C++ programming experience
- Knowledge on how to efficiently get data from the server to a web client, and know what technologies to use when (ex: REST vs GraphQL)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or related technical field
- Nice to have experience includes:
- Experience with data visualization for robotics systems
- Experience building 3D interfaces with WebGL
- Experience with data intensive applications, including ETL pipelines
- Experience with building, using, and maintaining scalable web backend systems using tools like Kubernetes, Hadoop, and Spark
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.