About the Team
Global Culture and Belonging architects, cultivates, and influences a distinct and meaningful culture where employees will grow more than they thought possible so we can realize DoorDash’s mission: To grow and empower local economies.
About the Role
Within the team, the Director of Special Projects - How We Work will lead our How We Work workforce strategy and roadmap. The role will work in close partnership with the DoorDash management team and cross-functional stakeholders, and will be responsible for everything from creating the right frameworks, policy, and adoption mechanism. You’ll embody “customer-obsession” by partnering with our go-to-market teams to understand the challenges that are unique to our business and ensure that frameworks are equitable, flexible, and value-based. You will be rigorous in how we prioritize so we are solving for the most important issues and the foresight to understand downstream consequences. You will hold the bar around success metrics so the team has clarity around what we are solving for how we will know that we are successful.
In addition to the foreseeable focus of How We Work, the role will also be responsible for large, cross-functional initiatives that have the ability to accelerate/transform our business due to culture and belonging implications, e.g. re-orgs/realignments, operating model, and response plans to tackle unique workplace challenges facing specific employee populations (eg, hourly workers, caregivers, etc.).
This role offers a unique opportunity to help shape the “new normal” and push the boundaries of what we believe is possible when it comes to the future of work. This will require an experienced leader who has a track record of strategic thinking, influence, change management, diplomacy, and rapid execution. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for creativity, innovation, and thought leadership and reports to our VP of Global Culture and Belonging.
You’re excited about the opportunity because…
- You will lead a large cross-functional working group in developing strategy and see it through from vision to execution
- You are a quintessential builder and will develop comprehensive project plans, drive execution workstreams, and rapidly identify and resolve potential issues
- You’re an inspirational communicator and will influence across levels of leadership to ensure a holistic strategy with a people-first mindset
- You will leverage data & analytics to inform decisions and evaluate initiative effectiveness
- You will partner with senior leadership by providing regular updates and surfacing key decision points
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of professional strategy and operations experience with at least 3 years leading cross-functional teams or projects
- You lead through articulating a vision that drives business results through effective people strategy, have exceptional project management capabilities, and also the ability to lead and delegate complex, enterprise-wide, and dependency-heavy workstreams with and across the senior leadership layer
- You have a track record of driving consensus at the executive level and influencing senior leaders to make bold decisions
- You are experienced in interpreting data and analytics to develop insights, tell stories, guide decisions and measure impact
- You are known to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and rapidly evolving situations, all whilte seamlessly flexing between strategic, operational, and tactical levels
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.