About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense to oversee our DoubleDash engineering team. DoubleDash is a core strategic priority with a mission to be the most affordable and convenient way to order multiple items together in your city. Customers will use DoubleDash as a way to discover new use cases on DoorDash and access all their available selection in one affordable delivery.
About the Team
Your team will span mobile, web, backend engineers and will work across multiple platforms to ensure the end to end DoubleDash experience is flawless. This involves the shopping experience of discovering selection, reducing friction to shop across several stores in the neighborhood, ensuring seamless order execution through intelligent order routing to merchants and intelligent dasher logistics to ensure these orders are all delivered together by the same dasher. You will be partnering with GMs, operations and product leads to create a bold vision and roadmap to propel the DoubleDash businesses to exciting new heights.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of full-stack engineers (ios, android, web, backend)
- Grow the team by developing internal leaders (managers and senior IC’s) and attracting world-class talent
- Provide technical guidance and leadership
- Engage with key internal business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for our Pickup product, including building the right technical foundations for exponential growth
We’re excited about you because…
- 3+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a full-stack team (backend, web, & mobile) of 10+
- Extensive experience working on user-facing products
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product-focused development environment
- Hands-on leadership and strong product intuition
- You’re humble - willing to get into the details and open to feedback
- Growth mindset - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.