About the Role
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a stellar team of experienced data product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world.
We are looking for a product manager to lead a strategic initiative to deliver fast and accurate business reporting in collaboration with our Data Engineering and infrastructure teams. Working side by side with other product managers, engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment, you will think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategy. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, principled thinking and well-honed product judgment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive vision and strategy for the business intelligence and analytics tools and systems
- Partner with the data engineering, infrastructure, and analytics teams to understand their needs and drive a roadmap
- Deliver detailed technical requirements and user stories for data engineering and business intelligence dashboards
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences through design, quality, performance, and reliability
- Help drive business goals by iterative improvements grounded in data
- Build empathy between internal business teams and engineering teams through clear expectations and shared understanding
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of industry experience / 3+ years of experience in product management in data and analytics
- You have experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment.
- You are skilled analytically and have a strong understanding of SQL.
- You are familiar with big data technologies (e.g. Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka), reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) and the data vendor ecosystem (e.g. Snowflake)
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; you know how to work with individual contributors and senior leaders
- You have empathy for the users you build for
- You are passionate about DoorDash and the problem we are solving
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.