About the Team
Trust and confidence is fundamental to DoorDash marketplace, and as such, the product fraud team is highly impactful to the business, as the team consistently ensures the trust and safety of all 3 sides of DoorDash’s business!
We’re looking for a product leader to spearhead complex challenges for our product fraud team.
Specifically, you’ll lead Fraud, which is one of the 3 areas that make up Trust & Safety. This is a unique opportunity to step into a role where you will lead dedicated cross-functional teams to solve complex challenges that impact all 3 audiences and touch every corner of our business - you’ll develop features, platforms, models and capabilities that proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial risk. Ultimately, you will spearhead the products and services being created that our users can’t find anywhere else is why this is a unique opportunity to set and execute on a vision that will shape the future of DoorDash! You will also develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish DoorDash, its systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation and services!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- You have 5+ years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- You have proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- You have Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles
- You demonstrate Focus and rigor on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- You have Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- You have Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.