About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hypergrowth white-label order fulfillment platform. The New Verticals team is a new, lean team within Drive focused on building and scaling new delivery models. By building a logistics infrastructure for local commerce, we’re fulfilling our mission to grow and empower local economies.
About the Role
As a Sortation Manager, you will be a strategist, an operator, and a people manager. You’ll be responsible for defining our parcel sortation and local fulfillment strategy. You will also oversee the development, operation, and optimization of DoorDash’s sortation capabilities and warehouse teams. You will report into the New Verticals Strategy Manager in our Drive organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll help build the foundation for DoorDash’s parcel sortation capabilities. This means everything from high-level strategy down to the finest of details.
- Grow. You’ll develop and execute on a long-term growth roadmap. With an eye towards efficiency and optimization, you’ll help multiply the business while getting 1% better every day.
- Lead. You’ll oversee all sortation center operations, which includes hiring, leading, and retaining an excellent team - as we grow, that will include site operations managers. You are a culture carrier and the tone starts with you.
- Collaborate. You'll work with multiple teams including operations, real estate, HR, finance, and legal to help build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You dream big, but start small. You can build a vision for the next 5+ years, while moving quickly and making incremental progress now.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You are an owner. You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment. You learn quickly and aren’t afraid to get in the weeds.
- You have 5+ years of experience. You have worked in e-commerce fulfillment, sortation, delivery, or a related role, and have 2+ years of people management experience.
- You're open to travel. This role will require 50%+ travel time.
- You have direct experience managing warehouse teams and operations.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.