About the Team
DoorDash is looking for qualified candidates to join our growing Merchant Strategy & Operations organization. The Merchant team powers many facets of our business: we aim to provide best-in-class restaurant selection, reduce friction for new merchants joining our platform, and build products/services that enhance the Merchant experience. Within the Merchant organization, the New Verticals team is focused on building and scaling new categories (Grocery, Retail, Alcohol, and more) from the ground up.
About the Role
You will work with multiple teams to help build and set the strategy across our business lines outside of restaurants on the DoorDash Platform. You will report to our Sr. Manager, Merchant Strategy & Operations. We're looking for someone who loves data, an expert in execution who succeeds working across many teams, and a strategy builder who is excited to build and implement structure. Join our pursuit to build a platform that delivers the full neighborhood and strategize how we bring on merchants across industries - and set them up for success.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's most impactful new verticals. You are eager to launch new merchants, design onboarding processes, and define new product features. This is everything from high-level strategy to day-to-day operational management to move the needle in the right direction.
- Analyze. You'll create models to define selection success, develop and track new project-specific KPIs, and run ad-hoc tests to confirm market hypotheses.
- Strategize. You'll develop the strategy for best serving our merchants while balancing the needs of our customers and dashers, and will help us set annual & quarterly targets to ensure we are delivering on our mission to create value for Merchants, Customers, and Dashers.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including sales, product, marketing, operations, and finance to drive success in these new categories.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy & operations, banking or related function. Startup and/or technology experience is a plus.
- You have experience leading fast-paced projects cross-functionally, but you are also comfortable switching between individual contributor and workstream owner as different projects may require.
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to operate in innovative ways, and you understand when to leverage existing "this is how it's always been done" methodology vs. brainstorming new modes of operation.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable both pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel (can perform complex functions).
- You're equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're comfortable with switching between short- and long- term focuses to ensure day-to-day progress ladders up into strategic company objectives.
- You're unafraid of change and you move fast. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, evolving environments.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.