About the Role
We are hiring a Senior Manager of Cost Accounting who will partner with the current team to help drive process improvements for our DashMart Inventory Management. You will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals by driving forward process improvements to ensure accurate inventory and COGS. You will report to the Assistant Controller on our Accounting team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Participate in continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures related to inventory management and cost accounting
- Be an important contact for accounting on global warehouse operations, including development of policy and coordination of inventory counts
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Key partner in managing COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances
- Help ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements
We're excited about you because…
- 7+ years of experience in inventory accounting and control in a corporate grocery/retail environment
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $140,000 - $210,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.