About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
We’re looking to hire a Manager, New Verticals - DashMart Inventory Governance who will be a pivotal leader in preparing DashMart to scale. This person will be responsible for inventory controls and governance, inventory accuracy, and leading net-new inventory initiatives as DashMart scales. They are a versatile, cross-functional team player, comfortable project managing many stakeholders, completing analyses to understand our inventory value, and driving initiatives to improve our inventory accuracy across teams. They will work with the Product & Engineering teams, Accounting, Finance, and Operations to build processes and technology to scale our business. The Manager will report into the Product Operations Manager on our Inventory & Assortment team in our DoorDash Essentials (DashMart) organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll develop net-new tools and processes to enhance DashMart’s Inventory Accuracy and enable better business outcomes including profitability, inventory management, and efficiency and scalability.
- Test. You’ll partner with the DashMart Operations team to pilot and test new processes and technology.
- Strategize. You’ll design the future state of DashMart inventory management.
- Collaborate. You’ll work fluidly between product, operations, finance, and accounting.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- Growth is your core value. You've successfully grown and scaled startups and/or companies with large inventories.
- You're unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You're relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 4+ years of experience. You've succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.