About the Team
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale and accelerate the growth of our business. We combine analytical and strategic thinking in partnership with teams across the company to improve our business model. We partner across the business to efficiently grow, delivering financial predictability, business accountability and insights to optimize decisions and resourcing.
About the Role
The Financial Systems Manager will serve as system owner and subject matter expert for our financial planning tool. This includes management, configuration/development, and operations support of the tool of which expertise is required in systems such as IBM Planning Analytics (TM1). The candidate is accountable for full lifecycle development that entails the analysis, design and development of tool components in addition to proactively identifying enhancement opportunities to the tool as implemented. Understand, interpret and transform business problems, opportunities and requirements for recommending solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can solve complex problems and collaborate effectively to carry projects from inception through execution. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to help define and lead impactful initiatives as we focus on scalable financial tools. You will serve as the lead/developer and system owner for our financial
You will report into the Technical Program Manager on our corporate finance team. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide day to day support for maintaining and administering our financial planning system, IBM Planning Analytics- working with key stakeholders across finance, Business Intelligence, IT, and other teams
- Build trusted relationships with key business partners and Finance / Accounting
- Gain a deep understanding of business needs to contribute to prioritization of new projects or enhancements to meet existing and long-term goals
- Develop best practices for utilization of planning tool to drive efficiency in our planning process and support our growing team
- Maintain IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) environments for planning models, cubes, rules, dimensions, reporting, and data integration
- Manage system maintenance, patches/upgrades, and migrations
- Ensure Production environment stability and performance are up to par
- Troubleshoot and provide day-to-day finance user supports and trainings as needed
- Implement system, metadata, and rule changes that are consistent with finance team’s requirements
- Create or maintain system process and user training documentations
- Provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects
We’re excited about you because…
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information System, Finance/Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- You have 8-10+ years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining IBM Planning Analytics or TM1.
- You have 5+ years of working in a SaaS environment
- You have In-depth experience in implementing and administering financial planning systems. Other finance systems (ERP, consolidation, other tools) would be a plus.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in a fast paced environment, customer focused and collaborative with stakeholders on various teams
- You have strong problem solving, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
- You have proven experience in developing IBM Planning Analytics or Cognos TM1, including business rules/coding, model building, and development of reports and dashboards
- You have good understanding of full-cycle implementation of financial system and application support process
- You have the ability to troubleshoot in areas of TM1 business rules, data integration, system configuration, and reporting.
- You understand financial planning process and basic terminologies
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.