About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample opportunities to leverage your technical knowledge and work cross-functionally. We're looking for a Technical Revenue Manager to work with business partners in Legal, Sales and Finance to understand DoorDash’s revenue transactions and resolve the related accounting issues.
About the Role
Leading a team of 3 to 5 direct reports, the Manager of Technical Accounting will work cross-functionally with Business Development, Product, Sales, Legal and Finance to structure non-routine revenue transactions and design new product offerings. This person will leverage their familiarity with US GAAP, and specifically ASC 606, as well as in-depth understanding of the transaction level processes, to quickly identify the accounting implications of proposed contract terms and product design and collaborate with team members to provide solutions that meet all stakeholders’ objectives. You’ll have exposure to multiple teams and projects as you’ll lead the revenue accounting analysis for all of the Company’s revenue streams, including advising cross-functional partners on financial statement impact of ad hoc transactions. The Manager of Technical revenue will be responsible for documenting the Company’s accounting positions and communicating them to varying levels in the organization. With DoorDash growing rapidly, this person will manage multiple projects and have the opportunity to grow their role with the Company.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a valuable business partner who contribute to the design of new product offering and the structuring non-routine sales transactions
- Be a team player and, more importantly, a team leader. You will have the opportunity of leading 3 to 5 direct reports to handle assigned project independently and honing your leadership and managerial skill
- Have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally on new product offerings and non-routine transactions
- Operate in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate project management skills
- Communicate the accounting implications of transactions to internal stakeholders at all levels
- Draft and maintain accounting policies related to revenue and costs of revenues
- Advise on the implementation of technical accounting conclusions
- Work at the lowest level of detail to understand Company operations and proactively identify accounting issues
- Assist with review of journal entries and month-end reconciliations as needed
- Prepare ad hoc quantitative analyses
- Support continual improvement on the contract and product review processes and implementation of SOX controls
We’re excited about you because…
- Highly organized with a strong ability to self-manage responsibilities, including multiple ad hoc projects with various deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to understand and articulate multiple points of view
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly analytical
- Ability to understand the needs of various stakeholder within the Company and work with all levels
- CPA in California
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40
- 6+ years of experience working in a combination of auditing and technical accounting
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under US GAAP
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal and Sales to proactively identify accounting issues, research applicable US GAAP, SEC and Big Four guides and document accounting conclusions
- Experience assessing accounting implications of new products, including preparing technical analyses and advising on operationalizing the technical accounting conclusions
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.