About the Team
The goal of our team is to ensure every delivery goes well. We prevent problems for customers by working across merchant operations, dasher operations and our logistics system. We care about metrics like delivery times, lateness, cancellations, and missing and incorrect items.
About the Role
You will sit at the confluence of our logistics system and the customer experience with big business impact. Your goal is to prevent problems with DoorDash deliveries through getting into the weeds and really understanding what's happening on the ground, developing a solution, then scaling that impact through working with our product and support teams. Impact of doing this well is hundreds of millions of dollars a year to DoorDash and a big wind for our consumers, merchants, and Dashers as it drives Cx to continue to order even more instead of being discouraged by failed deliveries.
You will report into the Director of Quality team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build analyses to create data-driven decisions
- Bring together partners from across the organization to build a plan
- Lead and develop a team to keep pushing the limits of success
- Figure out how to get from A to B–then actually make it happen.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years of experience and have succeeded in high-growth teams (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience), and you've led teams to achieve audacious goals
- You want to affect change every day and can operate in energizing environments
- You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into measurable plans, and enjoy implementing processes at the lowest level of detail
- You love thinking about problems from a fundamentals approach, you translate strategic vision into measurable success metrics and applicable plans
- You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You can build a diverse team of high performers, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You lead and motivate teams to set and achieve aspirational goals
- You back your decisions up with data and you're comfortable pulling SQL or modeling in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $140,000 - $210,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.