About the Team
New Verticals is a new, lean organization at DoorDash, building the future of local commerce by bringing new ways to delight our customers to market - beyond restaurants. The Shopping Experience team's mission is to connect every customer with the items they are looking for in an effortless and delightful way. Together with our Product partners, we obsess over building the future of local commerce by re-thinking the digital shopping experience and by ideating, experimenting and iterating on key pillars such as Search, Recommendations, and Merchandising.
About the Role
You will oversee the Item Discovery & Display function within our Shopping Experience for everything non-restaurants. The main goal will be to increase customer conversion and average order volume by improving our search and discovery functions. You will report to the Senior Manager, Shopping Experience on our Catalog, Selection & Shopping Experience team in our New Verticals organization. Once our offices reopen, you will be expected to join our hybrid working model, some time in-office and some time remote.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, and Operations to create a world class digital shopping experience for our customers
- Design the future of digital Browsing and Item Discovery at DoorDash using a customer lens and a first principles approach
- Build and scale a team from the ground up to help you bring the future forward
- Blend product strategy, quantitative insights, and customer feedback to support business operators in growing profitable and scalable businesses
We're excited about you because…
- You are a senior or principal-level manager with 8+ years of experience
- You're an expert at analyzing data to create insights to improve key performance indicators and objectives
- You have a passion for building teams and their career development
- You know how to optimize and improve processes while designing for scale (i.e. automation)
- You are an expert at prioritization; keeping your team unblocked and focused on the highest impact work
- You have strong written and verbal communication and presentations skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.