About the Team
The mission of the Tier 3 Merchant Live Support team is to make DoorDash the delivery platform of choice for local, regional and enterprise merchants by ensuring we provide the best live support in the industry, from onboarding questions to ongoing store support, urgent troubleshooting, and assistance navigating our product offerings. This involves not only providing support to end users on our platform, but also identifying opportunities for improvement across the Merchant journey and surfacing these insights to cross-functional teams.
About the Role
As a Specialist on the T3 Merchant Live Support team, you will help resolve our Merchants' most complex, urgent issues through live support channels including phone, chat, text message and social media. You will be the face of DoorDash Support for restaurants, retailers, and exciting new lines of business like Pharmacy, for partners located across the United States, Canada and Australia. When another team is unable to resolve the issue, the T3 Merchant Live Support team steps in to save the day for our merchants.
You will be an effective brand ambassador by delivering lasting resolutions for complex issues, providing reassurance to merchants in challenging situations, and ensuring long-term merchant satisfaction on our platform by partnering with our sales ops, engineering, product and onboarding teams to provide exceptional support when something goes wrong. You will report into a leader on a team of peers in our support organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Investigate and resolve escalated cases through various real-time support channels to find an answer for merchants who need help on our platform
- Develop a deep, subject-matter-level expertise in how DoorDash's Merchant Support processes, systems, and resources work, and how to triage, diagnose and resolve different issue types
- Work closely with Account Owners and sales stakeholders to answer process, functionality and workflow-related inquiries for their merchants and build confidence in Merchant Support among cross-functional teams
- Leverage data queries, existing workflow documentation and knowledge of internal systems to come up with out-of-the-box solutions when new issues arise
- Work with the Merchant Experience team to identify weaknesses, gaps and bottlenecks in our operational processes
We're excited about you because…
- You love helping people! You're passionate about doing right by our merchants to provide a scalable, world-class merchant experience and you inject enthusiasm and customer obsession into everything you do.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of relevant work experience (4+ years), or an Associate's degree + 2 yrs of relevant work experience
- You absorb new information quickly and execute at a high level
- You have experience in de-escalation tactics, call management, and delight in turning an upset customer into a vocal brand promoter
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.