About the Role
We’re looking for a HRBP to be our first DashCorps People Team hire - focused on designing, building and implementing a suite of People Team programs to support our DashCorps team and quickly scale as the business grows. The role will be a key partner to senior leadership across the DashCorps and People team as we build our foundational people strategy with an eye for scale. They will also deliver day-to-day HR support for our courier, fleet team, recruiting and strategy & operations employees - ensuring that the company upholds best practices, remains legislatively compliant, and can work with others to maintain a cohesive, productive, and positive work environment and strong team culture. Overall, the HRBP will be the first-line point-of-contact to advocate for the needs of employees and leadership in the field and develop solutions to enable employees of Dashcorps to do the best work of their careers.
We need a versatile, quick thinking team member to define and develop all aspects of the employee lifecycle in a fast growing market. They will partner closely with key People Centers of Excellence such as HRBP & Employee Relations; Recruiting; Compensation & Benefits; Legal; Culture, Belonging and People Growth; and People Operations in the delivery of HR solutions in the areas of Organizational Design and Effectiveness; Workforce Planning; Performance Management; Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion; and Employee Relations and Compliance. This role reports to one of our NBV HRBP Leaders. They will support a cross-functional team, including Strategy & Operations, Fleet teams, Couriers, and Recruiters, among others.
Specifically, you will:
- Coordinate and deliver employee onboarding (background checks, I-9 verifications, orientation, etc.)
- Partner with Ops Managers and Fleet Managers and Leads through employee training and programs (performance reviews, merit cycles etc.)
- Respond to HR related inquiries for your assigned region
- Facilitate employee issues and needs where appropriate (leave of absence, employee relations)
- Work withOps Managers and Fleet Managers and Leads on performance matters through decision matrix (time and attendance, productivity, etc)
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.) on HR related initiatives
- Accurately maintain all employee records and compliance requirements within your assigned region
- Ensure all necessary notices (labor laws, etc) are posted on-site as required
- Conduct employee offboarding and exits
- Take action and be a voice for employees within your market to deliver a rewarding and compliant employee lifecycle, from onboarding to benefits to performance development.
- Coach business group leadership on people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), strategic hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning and development.
- Empower people managers to build amazing teams.
- Develop and execute employee relations efforts. This will include planning and coaching executives and managers on best practices.
- Lead business groups through DoorDash’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent development, etc.).
- Develop and enforce our HR policies and procedures specific to the market.
- Coach people managers in areas such as performance management, leave management, reward/recognition, etc.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 8+ years of relevant human resources experience supporting an hourly, logistics/warehouse/retail workforce
- Excitement to take action and be a voice for employees within your market to deliver a rewarding and compliant employee lifecycle, from onboarding to benefits to performance development.
- Knowledge of New York employment labor laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and an ownership mindset as it relates to solving employee challenges and issues
- Excitement to build infrastructure from the ground up
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment and grow your HR skills and knowledge
- The skill set to develop and enforce our HR policies and procedures specific to the market.
- The ability to coach business group leadership on people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), strategic hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning and development.
Why You'll Love Working at DashCorps
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, dashers, and couriers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- The magic of DashCorps is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DashCorps, a DoorDash company, is a logistics company that powers deliveries to consumers from DashMart stores. DashMart is a new type of retail store that offers grocery items, household essentials, and local restaurant favorites delivered to customers' doorsteps. DashMart stores are owned, operated, and curated by DoorDash.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.