About the Team
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
We are looking for a Customer Success Specialist to partner with our highest value merchants to provide an outstanding Merchant onboarding experience at DoorDash. As a Customer Success Specialist, you will play a crucial role within the Merchant Services team by providing our merchants with a direct contact for all of their onboarding activities & needs. You will build long-lasting relationships with our Merchants through excellent customer service and strategic problem solving. Not only will you partner with our Merchants, but you will work with Account Owners and own a book of business as their onboarding contact. You will be a part of a new program to shape support as a differentiator in the marketplace through high-quality, white-glove service. You will report to the Supervisor of Merchant Services.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Take an enthusiastic approach to Merchant onboarding success by anticipating issues, strategizing on solutions, and recommending specific actions to your internal partners and Merchants to provide a defect-free onboarding
- Work directly with Merchants daily to provide a top onboarding experience
- Build relationships with Merchants by serving as the main contact for all Merchant onboarding related concerns
- Promote retention and overall Merchant success through providing an unprecedented first impression of DoorDash's service
- Prioritize and escalate issues in partnership with our teams
- Develop an expertise in how DoorDash's systems and resources work, and how to use them to promote positive outcomes for our Merchants
- Provide an excellent service experience to Merchants
We're excited about you because…
- You have 2 years of experience with account management, customer support, hospitality or in related field
- Previous industry experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Qualifications include Salesforce (or other CRM software), Microsoft suite and G Suite
- Proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions)
- Experience providing advisory and partnership-level support through both proactive and reactive interactions with customers
- Experience advocating for customer experience within a team or initiative
- You have experience in an account management or customer service role--you love helping people
- You excel at building relationships
- You excel at determining prioritization
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.