About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our Japan business from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up company and building something great from the ground up. In this role, you will be the first Dasher Experience Associate on the ground in our newly formed Japan operation and will be part of the broader DoorDash Strategy & Operations team.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Dasher Experience Associate (DEA) to help support the local Dasher community in Japan. In this role, you will help new Independent Contractors sign up to Dash, enhance the Dasher experience, and drive operational success for the Dasher community through a mix of people skills and problem-solving.
As a DES, you will be responsible for funneling Dashers through the onboarding funnel and empowering Dashers in communities where DoorDash operates. We're looking for superstars who can operate independently, move fast, and get things done. You’re passionate about building your personal skill set, both hard and soft skills. We want people who love being challenged and are excited by the idea of growing their responsibilities with DoorDash.
As this role also includes being one of the first team members on the ground in Japan, flexibility to support and help build the DoorDash ecosystem is a critical part of this role. This could include covering our pre-launch dasher support inbounds, hiring & training additional Japanese-speaking Dasher Experience Associate, and communicating critical learnings from on the ground to guide our broader strategy.
What you’ll do
- Drive Sales: Activate and inspire the next generation of Dashers using a mix of online and in-person materials.
- Organize – Create and execute scheduling and inventory management for all DESs and Supply Offices. Drive process and clarity to the many workstreams the DES pod will be responsible for owning simultaneously
- Expand – Help recruit new DESs, and expand/pivot the scope of work the DES pod covers alongside DoorDash’s growth
- Make a Difference: Change lives for the better by providing people with the freedom to earn their own incomes on their own time frames!
- People person - people gravitate toward you because you’re so sociable. You thrive in public speaking settings and can motivate others.
- Multitasking Extraordinaire - you have no problem juggling multiple tasks and Dashers at once, and you love improving processes to make things work smoothly.
- Reduce contact rate from dasher -we are currently getting many inquiries from dasher. Almost all of the contents are really basic questions. We would like to improve dasher experiences
- Arrange a working environment for dashers from foreign countries - To play a big role for foreigners as a dasher, we can still maintain a better working environment.
- Consider efficient methods to activate a dasher - There are many applications for dasher positions however the conversion rate still has potential to improve.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly
- changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape our Dash Team
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team and have 1+ years of leadership experience
- Data-Driven – Exploring large data sets excites you, and you use analysis to guide the actions you take.
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals and succeeding in a team environment
- Extreme organization skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Suite, and you have an analytical mindset
- Bilingual Japanese and English speaker
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.