About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in-class selection on the DoorDash app, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business and help our partners operate efficiently on the platform.
About the Role
As Manager of Markets Selection, you’ll be responsible for finding the best restaurants, figuring out how to get them on DoorDash as efficiently as possible and supporting our go-to-market initiatives for programs that impact our merchant base. You’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product and analytics teams to build the merchant foundation.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategise – Devise and execute initiatives against the overall org strategy for “winning the merchant”
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run sales tests and lead market intelligence efforts
- Optimise – Build the best merchant acquisition engine so DoorDash continues to offer the highest quality selection for its customers
- Analyse – Build models to evaluate the economics, value and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to acquire and retain merchants across our platform
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, business operations and business development teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years of experience in strategy and operations, business development, operations, or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; intermediate SQL experience strongly preferred as is experience with Salesforce
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.